Thursday, February 16, 2012

Tag! You're It!

One of my very special friends, Loralei tagged me for this fun game. I love, love, love doing these.

This round is the tag of 11's.
The deal is that I have to
1. Post the rules
2. Share 11 random things about myself
3. Answer the 11 questions from the post in which I was tagged
4. Create 11 new questions for my tagees to answer
5. Tag 11 people-legitly

Eleven Random Things About Laurel:

1. I have homeschooled my family for over 10 years. It's been an amazing ride!
2. My hair is so long that I don't even really now how long it is anymore, but it is at least to my knees. My last hair cut was in January of 2000.
3. I was a baton twirler during my middle and high school years. Since high school, I have taught many, many.....manymanymanymany other girls to twirl. Every time that I think that I'm about ready to hang up my batons, something or someone comes along to keep it going. I am beginning to think that God is at work there.
4. I married into a Hispanic family. They think that I don't understand Spanish, even though I sold insurance in Spanish for three years, and have been teaching the Princess Spanish lessons even though they choose not to use the language at this time. There are a few people in this world that should be embarrassed after learning this fact about me, but don't worry. I have a great sense of humor.
5. After ending my little rein as a bilingual insurance agent, I began to explore options for working at home. Mind you, there is nothing that I am doing that will make me "get rich quick," but I have been working for a mobile search engine, crocheting up a storm, and teaching baton twirling. Being able to homeschool and work from home is an amazing experience.
6. The consequence of being a homeschooling, and work at home mom is that some not so well meaning people like to whisper and gossip about how lazy I am. The truth is that I don't need anybody to tell me what to do or encourage me to get up and get things done every day. Now you know how that goes.
7. A few years ago, I thought that I couldn't have any more children, and I have had two more since then. How funny is that?
8. Everybody in our house is female except my hubs, the King. Even our watchdog is a girl, and we don't know if the parrot that we are about to have is a girl or not, but the odds are the he/she is a girl.
9. Here lately, I have been on a major Pitbull jag. He's crude and a little bit vulgar, but I love his attitude.
10. Speaking of musicians and singers, I must add that Bon Jovi was my first love. I discovered him sometime around the 5th grade, and now the Princesses love him just as much as I do.
11. My house is very loud, but not because my children are screaming or anything like that. In front of my, I have Ivana in her musical baby swing. In the kitchen, the clothes dryer is going at full speed. Melody and her friend are listening to music on youtube. My husband is watching a movie, and Tarja is laughing about something. None of that sounds like much until you put it all together for an orchestra of household noise. As I write, Ivana is working on waking up so that she can chime in.

Here are my eleven questions to answer:

1. What is one of your earliest memories?
I remember the view of the inside of my baby crib when I was the baby that was in it.
2. What is a hidden talent that you have?
I lot of people today, don't know that I was once an amazing percussionist.

3. If you had to choose only 1 food to eat for a week....ONLY ONE....what would it be? Any cooking and "free" stuff (seasonings) is OK. It can't be a type of food, or a mixed dish.... but one food.... like chicken.
I could eat pork ribs every day for the rest of my life.
4. If you could change your ethnicity, what would you choose to become?
I would become something like Brazilian or Columbian.
5. Money and time being no object, what career do you wish you had?
I wish that I had stayed in music.
6. You have to move. But, you are given your choice of location. The thing is, you have to stay there for the rest of your life. Where are you moving?
Alabama
7. You get a "walk on" for a TV show. What show? What do you do?
I expect that I would either do something related to homeschooling or diabetes.
8. What is your guilty indulgence?
Potatoes, which is something that I should never eat.
9. In what subject, in school, were you just HORRIBLE?
I was literally kicked out of chemistry when I was a junior in high school.
10.What is your favorite household chore? Why?
Taking care of the kids is my favorite household chore.
11. We're missing a question.

I'm tagging these 11 people:
Jennifer H
Heather M
Jennifer L
Liz
Touch of Home Learning
Our Crazy Blessed Life
Stuff I Make My Husband
The Attached Mama
Homeschooling Belle
Lie According to the Beardslee's

NOW, I have some questions for you!

1. What is one of your earliest memories?
2. What is a hidden talent that you have?
3. If you had to choose only 1 food to eat for a week....ONLY ONE....what would it be? Any cooking and "free" stuff (seasonings) is OK. It can't be a type of food, or a mixed dish.... but one food.... like chicken.
4. If you could change your ethnicity, what would you choose to become?
5. Money and time being no object, what career do you wish you had?
6. You have to move. But, you are given your choice of location. The thing is, you have to stay there for the rest of your life. Where are you moving?
7. You get a "walk on" for a TV show. What show? What do you do?
8. What is your guilty indulgence?
9. In what subject, in school, were you just HORRIBLE?
10.What is your favorite household chore? Why?

1 comment: