Monday, February 18, 2013

This morning, Princess Abbey started her very first job as a mother's helper, and was thrilled.  She got such a tremendous response to her advertisement that she is going to have to keep a calendar and maybe even a ledger to track her income and outgo.  I am very excited that the princesses have the initiative to recognize a need and then do something about it.  Mothers need helpers, and princesses need money for their princess supplies.  It's a win-win situation. While she was out doing that, I got my Avon order ready and turned in.

After that, we had our Girl Scout meeting.  At Girl Scouts, we made memo pads out of recycled Girl Scout cookie boxes.  We actually removed the boring covers from cheap, 35 cent memo pads, used those as templates to cut out new, more colorful covers from the cookie boxes, and put the pads back together. 

From there, we had to make a mad rush to take Princess Melody to work.  Princess Abbey, Princess Tarja and I, decided that popcorn would make a nice snack, and microwave popcorn would not do, so we stopped at the grocery store for that.  As soon as we got home, I got a call that a Girl Scout needed cookies from our troop, so I met her father at the Scout Hut to make that transfer.  THEN, I came home and started to read The Birth of Britain by Winston Churchill to Abbey.  This very dry reading led to all Princesses falling asleep.  I completely forgot that Princess Abbey has a 4H meeting and archery tonight.  Holy Cow!  I am thankful that a sweet Princess from a neighboring kingdom called to remind me.  There is no napping allowed in the palace! 

I did a little dollar store grocery shopping and determined that with a very inexpensive can of cream of mushroom soup, we can have tuna and rice casserole for supper.  After archery, we will finish up any studies that we didn't have time for earlier in the day, and I will work on crocheting some little ruffly socks for Princess Ivana while I work on ChaCha.com. 

Have a Great Day!
Laurel Santiago

No comments:

Post a Comment