I haven't been able to update my blog in quite a long time, and you are about to find out why.
For starters, I would like to share something that I have always found to be humorous. All of my friends, ESPECIALLY really good, caring, considerate friends, will call and start off the conversation with, "Are you busy?" Umm....
I'm not quite sure to how answer that question. I AM busy. I can't think of any time that I'm NOT busy, but that doesn't mean that I don't want to talk to you!!!! I would love to talk to a good friend now and then, even if I can only stay on the phone for a short time. In fact, I have grown to prefer texting, because I can text a friend, no matter how loud or chaotic my household is, because sometimes it's hard to hear or be heard with all of the background noise. IF you really need me for something, I will try to help. It doesn't matter how busy I am. I know that I don't get to just "hang out" much or go places that aren't planned way in advance, but I will try to figure out how to give you a ride somewhere, or run an errand for you or whatever else it is that you need, because I love you.
Now that we understand each other, I will give a not so brief rundown of what I have NOT been blogging about for the past month or so.
1. We got to go to the Dinosaur George exhibit that came to town. I posted a video of that on my YOUTUBE channel.
2. My baton twirling class, The Sparklers, got to perform at the West Texas Drillers halftime.
3. Tarja is playing tee ball.
4. Abbey is playing softball.
5. Abbey has been working as a mother's helper.
6. We had a Girl Scout bridging ceremony, and Abbey bridged to Senior Girl Scouts.
7. My Girl Scout unit is planning a Mom and Me tea party and a day camp.
8. I am doing ChaCha.com, Avon, ACE, teaching twirling class AND private lessons, and am doing custom crochet orders.
9. Abbey is volunteering at the local animal shelter.
10. Melody was on the hunt for a new job, and FOUND one, as you will read in my previous post.
11. Ivana has been working on her toothy smile, making it quite noisy and stressful around here.
12. Our dog, Molly, just blessed us with five puppies today.
13. Abbey and I have been working hard to finish up and/or tie up loose ends with her school work.
14. Tarja is nearly through with her Kindergarten portion of Time4learning......and her fifth birthday was in March.
15. Ivana just started walking, and that means that we need to start roller skating or jogging or something to keep up. At the end of the Dinosaur George video, you can see Ivana walking into her favorite restaurant for lunch.
16. Abbey and I decided to go on a diet. Of course, she doesn't really need to lose any weight, but she's been a good diet buddy. Both of us are getting some nice results.
17. There's more. I know that there is, but I have to get some other things done.
Have a Great Day!