Saturday, January 19, 2013

30 Day Challenge

There are lots of fitness challenges going on for the new year, and I have decided to take on one that is put on by a fellow homeschool blogger.  You can see the button to take you to her challenge rules on the right hand side of the page.  As baton twirlers, and avid Just Dance players, we should have no trouble meeting the challenge.

I have not been posting, because I have literally been running from the time that I get up in the morning until the time that I go to bed.  The only thing keeping me from running right this minute is that we are waiting on somebody to come and give us an estimate on a repair that we need for the house.  As soon as that is done, we will be off and running to sell Girl Scout cookies.

Because of our involvement in so many extra curricular activities, we have been having a lot of our "school time" during and after supper.  That's another one of the good benefits of homeschooling.  I don't have a lot of interesting things to talk about this time.  You pretty much know what we have been doing, but I will share some pictures of some of the projects that I have done for this past week.

As you can see, I duct taped the high chair.  I got this high chair at a flea market, and it was not really pretty, but functional.  After my rambunctious one used it for a little while, the cushion started to tear, and the canvas buckle straps were looking quite nasty, no matter how much I scrubbed them.  Now, we have a new decorated cushion, and wipe clean straps. The Princesses said that it looks "ghetto" but they said it in a good way, so the duct tape decor stays.

 
Above, you can see that I have a fairly impressive collection of baby wipe containers, that I use to house stuff and clutter.  Thanks to colorful duct tape, they are now a matching set of bathroom organizers, which match the hanging shoe organizer that I am using to control beauty supplies.
I also have the very necessary pink and zebra striped wastebasket.

Goal #3
To make repairs and improvements in each room of my house.

Have a Great Day!
Laurel Santiago

No comments:

Post a Comment