Friday, January 4, 2013

"All My Babies' Mamas"

First of all, "All My Babies' Mamas" is an outrage.  Click the link to see what I'm talking about. 

Next, I would like you to visit the blog of another very dear and long time friend of mine.  She is highly creative, a wizard at math, and spends every Christmas visiting a new foreign country with her husband.  Visit her HERE.

It is still snowing here, so we went out as little as we could get by with.  Princess Melody still had to go to work, and  I had to get things like Ivana's soy milk and various other little things from the grocery store.  Yes, I know that frugal mommies try to stay away from the grocery store, but bigger families tend to run out of things faster.  One example is that, (albeit thankfully), we have discovered that Princess Tarja's little tummy is sensitive to cow's milk, and so we started her on almond milk.  Princess Ivana started having tummy trouble every time that we gave her baby formula (just during the past two weeks), so we started her on soy milk.  Both Princesses are doing so well on their new psuedo milk, that I am having to run to the store to get more every other day or so.  I did discover that the expiration dates on both the almond and soy milk are way longer than those on cow's milk, so this means that I can buy more than I usually would at one time. Yay!

I have done a lot of decluttering and organizing the past few days.  I guess that on my list of things to put away should be the Christmas tree.  It's still up in the living room.  I have utilized a whole lot of the ideas that I have found on Pinterest to organize the play area, and the bathroom.  I also started a little daily journal project that I found on Pinterest that I thought was pretty cool.  I love keeping journals. 

For school, as school is not officially in session until Monday for us, we simply read the second chapter of The Prayer of Jabez out loud, Melody took one of her art history tests online, and Tarja spent quite a long time on time4learning, which she calls, "Ed Mouse". After supper, Tarja and I played a couple of rounds of Candyland.  I won the first round and she won the second.  Playing either Candyland or one of her Disney Princess card games has become sort of a night time ritual, much like Ivana and I watching Blue's Clues at the start of every morning.  Melody likes to run errands with me.  Abbey likes to listen to music with me.  It's funny how each Princess has her time with me in her own way, and it's not even planned or scheduled, it just IS.

Goal #2:
The Sparklers Parade Corps is going to keep adding members and keep adding sections and departments until we have at least 100 people involved. 

Have a Great Day!
Laurel Santiago

No comments:

Post a Comment