Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I am an Unsocialized Homeschooler

It's true.  I have come to the conclusion that I am an unsocialized homeschooling mama.  Looking at the red line under the word, "unsocialized," also proves to me that it's not a real word, but, whatever.

I am a complete oddball around other moms and today's interaction with one such mom was like a BIG RED line under me.  I start out with text messages form this mama before I even get out of bed.  There is something that she needs from me in regards to a fundraiser.  She wants her products to sell now, she wants them on her terms, and she wants them WHEN she wants them, because SHE has a job.  With sleepy eyes and probably lots of misspelled words, I tell her that I can't meet her at the time that she is requesting, because I have a twirling class at that hour and then an art association meeting for which I am the new president immediately after that.  She repeats that she NEEDS what it is that she is wanting, and that she will meet me at the time that she is wanting to meet me.  She will have her way, because SHE has a job.  I gently explain to her that I, also, have a job to tend to at the hour that she is requesting, but that I will see if I can find someone else to help up with this.  She gets annoyed with me.  She wants what she wants NOW.  I don't have it and won't have it and WON'T DROP MY TWIRLING LESSON tomorrow night to give it at that specific time, because that is my job that I do that I love very much and there are no amount of cookies or popcorn or any other anything that I am willing to give up other than bad weather or medical emergencies for that ONE FREAKING HOUR!  I mean COME ON!  Let me have my hour of fun, exercise, and the little bit of money that it earns for my family.  Oh!  BUT!  She doesn't mean to be rude.  It's just that SHE works.  Holy crap!   I, Laurel, do not WORK. 

Goal #(I Don't Remember What Number I was On)
To quote Pitbull, "I'm trying to make a million outta 15 cents!"  My goal is to keep trying. 

Have a Great Day!
Laurel Santiago  
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment