Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Time4learning.com

Normally, it is against my policy as a home educator to pay for a packaged curriculum, no matter what form it takes.  However, delivering fourth Princess Ivana this past January has caused me to reexamine some of my self proclaimed rules.  When I started making decisions about lesson plans for the upcoming year, I started to feel a little bit overwhelmed.  After all, I will now have three students with a very needy fourth future student.  How will I keep everybody's lessons and records from turning to mush in between bottles and diapers?  How do I keep from going crazy somewhere between Melody's job, Abbey's softball practice, Tarja's tee ball practice, and my home business?  WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?????

I have always known about Time4learning.com, and have known from other homeschooling mamas that they were good, but had never been willing to pay a monthly fee for the service.  In my height of craziness, on a particular day, I decided to give it a second glance.  Their website looks like lots of fun.  However, there are plenty of free, fun websites with educational games.  I want all of my children to be educated the Charlotte Mason way.  Time4learning.com offers short lessons that feel more like play than work, with the added bonus of the fact that they keep records for me.  There is no reason why Tarja can't spend some time on Time4learning and still be taught all of the other neat things in the style of Charlotte Mason.  Money tends to be tight around here, which is why I am so careful about what I choose to use in our homeschool.  When I brought myself to find out how much it costs to become a member, I was pleasantly surprised to find that all of the benefits of their program can be had for $19.95 per month.  WOW!  Time4learning.com meets our needs as a program that fits into our homeschool situation, and is easy on the pocket.  Tarja loves to play with it, and a great deal of my work as a homeschooling mama has been relieved.

As a member of Time4Learning, I have been asked to review their online education program and share my experiences. While I was compensated, this review was not written or edited by Time4Learning and my opinion is entirely my own.

1 comment:

  1. We love our Time4learning!! So glad that you all had a great experience with it as well. My youngest can do it for hours without getting bored! He has risen well above his grade level lessons and still laughs at the jokes!! Maybe we will see you on the forums??!

    ReplyDelete