Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Princess Abbey is about to start the final set of lessons for her conservation course.  I am super happy about that.  She wants to take the Veterinary Assistant course next, which leads me to a little victory that we had yesterday.  Abbey has been wanting to learn dog grooming, so I contacted a local dog groomer on facebook and asked her if Abbey could work as a volunteer for her.  She said that due to liabilities and child labor laws, that she could not allow her to volunteer, but that she could help out in the animal shelter that she also runs.  I gave her a few days to think about whether or not this is something that she would like to do, and she finally came to me and said that she would love to volunteer at the animal shelter and was very excited to get started.  To make a long story short, we went to the animal shelter yesterday, visited for a few minutes with the owner, then signed the necessary waiver that allows Abbey to volunteer.  It turns out that the lady that I was in communication with has an animal shelter and is a dog groomer, and she is also a veterinary assistant.  I take that as proof that God does send the right people to us at the right times.

The other day, the king and I went to a flea market, and I scored a really pretty pop up book of 'Twas the Night Before Christmas.  I also found a cloth, Princess book for Princess Ivana, that she seems to love.  Tarja has also discovered The Nutcracker on Netflix and loves it.  I did not even know that it was on Netflix, but her four year old self found it and fell in love.  Incidentally, we discovered Spotify, and I am pleasantly surprised to learn that not only can we listen to our favorite modern hits, but there are tons and tons of classical options and even things like entire Girl Scout albums, which we have needed, but didn't think that we could afford.  We may never have to purchase a CD again!  Anyway, this is very exciting for this Charlotte Mason mama. 

Night before last, we went to a Christmas event that our local Chamber of Commerce hosted.  Mr. and Mrs. Claus were there, and Santa gave everybody free rides on his sleigh.   We are missing a princess, because she was at work. 



Have a Great Day!
Laurel Santiago



No comments:

Post a Comment