Tuesday, December 4, 2012

So here is the straight skinny on what has gone on for the past 24 hours.  The Christmas parade and ending performance went without a hitch, thanks to some wonderful moms that organized the whole thing.  For the every first time, in all of my years of twirling, I did not have to do anything except show up and enjoy my own show.  The girls rode on a float that was dedicated to honoring the troops and then twirled to a local school teacher singing "God Bless the USA". 

THIS morning, I woke up to a bunch of grumpy princesses, including one that is teething.  I finally, retreated to my room and played games on the ROKU for awhile.  After we all got over our temper tantrums, and I answered a few messages and phone calls regarding twirling lessons and AVON, Princess Melody and I went to the library with a carload of stuff with which to decorate four small trees for the four organizations that we belong to.  When I got there, I was a little surprised that the librarian knew that I was coming with more than one tree, and so she designated one long table for us to use.  One, very sweet lady, who was decorating her tree, asked, "What company are you from?"  I said, "The Sparklers Baton Twirling Corps, Sands Art Association, Girl Scouts and the Monahans Homeschoolers."  Her eyes got bigger with each group name.  Anyway, we had The Sparklers bring handmade ornaments for their tree, and I made little batons out of toothpicks and gumdrops.  For the topper, I put a blingy, pink Santa hat.  The tree is pink.  For the Sands Art Association, we made drip ball ornaments at our last meeting, and added candy canes that a member brought.  For the Monahans Homeschoolers, we added glitter to an assortment of teacher bulletin board shapes and letters.  For the Girl Scouts, we made a good deeds tree by writing the name of each girl and a good deed that she did on gold, glass ornaments.  I still need to go back and add cards to each one to denote where the trees are from.


As soon as I got home, I had some Avon to deliver.  Then, I had a customer ask for my Avon boxes, which I was happy to get rid of. I called a water delivery service that was supposed to have started last Friday, and complained loudly.  It didn't do any good.  They still didn't come.  We had a twirling lesson, which involved me bonking myself on the nose while showing the girls how to do a horizontal one turn.  I don't normally do that, but I guess it was bound to happen.  Finally, at long last, we came home and had quesadillas for supper, which is about the easiest meal that a person can throw together.  I am thankful tonight for cheese and tortillas.

Have a Great Day!
Laurel Santiago

No comments:

Post a Comment