Thursday, July 21, 2011

My rein as a stay at home/work at home mom has partially ended. I took on a part time job at a laundry mat that is just a few blocks from my house. I enjoy the work, but it's hot around all of those dryers. Of course, everything is hot in West Texas, but I bet that I will fully appreciate it when the weather starts to change. Therefore, I have the laundry mat, ChaCha.com and my twirling students to keep me busy earning money for quite awhile.

Abbey is on Year 6/Week 5 of Charlotte Mason. I finally decided how to handle the Book of Centuries issue. Abbey completed one spiral notebook after 4 weeks of work. In the back of the spiral, we made a timeline of historical facts that were learned over the course of the four weeks. The new spiral is larger, so we may have to break things up into timelines reflecting four weeks at the time.

Melody so far has a 95 average in her first college course. I know that things will get tougher, but this is one proud mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment