Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday

Today was my Walgreens/CVS/HEB/Sams Club shopping day. At Sams, I just bought gas and test stips for my glucometer, and was given a really nice cookbook just for walking through the door. At HEB, I got well over $150 worth of groceries for $86. This includes two 20 pound bags of Purina dog food. Hubs seemed happy to help me, possibly because I was getting his favorite foods. We went to CVS, where I got my free antibacterial product from their facebook offer. Hubs got two bottles of water. I paid about $3.00 for the water, and got $13 back in Extra Care Bucks. Our last stop was Walgreens. At Walgreens, Hubs got a little bit nervous. I separated everything in my basket into several separate transactions so that I could get the most deals and register rewards possible. He looked in my basket, and decided that he should go wait in the car for me. Even so, I paid $18 for $50 worth of products. This calculation also includes the $14 in Register Rewards that I can use on my next trip.

Abbey had softball practice, and Melody went with her boyfriend and his mother to choose the tuxedo for her sweet 16. Tarja had a dollar, and had the pleasure of buying two candy bars with it. In the midst of all this, my brother in law's wife called to say that they are coming to see us tomorrow. Hootie hoo!

Now that the household is somewhat settled down, I can get to work on ChaCha. The house isn't straightened, and I ordered out for dinner, which is the usual state of things on Friday.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you did good! Will need to do some of our shopping tomorrow. Haven't made it to Walgreens yet, but still have all my list made into separate transactions so I don't want to miss out on the sale LOL.

    ReplyDelete