Saturday, July 7, 2012

General Motors Diet Day 1

It's rare that I post twice in one day, but this is a special situation.  I started the General Motors diet this morning.  My fasting blood sugar was 190, which is not good.  Breakfast was cantaloupe and a Spark energy drink.  I thought that I would get to make my vegetable soup and have that in between breakfast and lunch, but Princess Ivana woke up swollen and with a rash as though she were having an allergic reaction to something.  Holy Cow! 

Princess Abbey, Ivana, and I spent the rest of the morning in the emergency room.  The verdict is that she is cutting 3 or 4 teeth, and had a sore on her chin that is infected.  Why does that cause a rash and swollen eyes?  I don't get it, but I'm no doctor.  We're doing antibiotics, benadryl and hot soaks for the chin. 

As soon as I got home, Princess Melody wanted me to take her to McDonalds to pick up lunch for herself and the rest of the family.  I told her that I am on a diet and she said, "Well, I want to go to McDonalds and get us something bad."  LOL!  OK.  She bought me a diet coke, which I enjoyed tremendously.

After McDonalds, I finally got to have my soup, which I made with cauliflower, onion, garlic and chicken broth.  I pureed the veggies to make it a nice, creamy soup, and it is wonderful.  I had soup for lunch, then snacked on leftover cantaloupe and grapes.  A couple of hours after lunch, my blood sugar was 117, which is on the high end of normal.  I have spent a lot of time emptying my bladder, so at this rate, a great deal of retained water will be leaving me. 

Ivana is doing better, with lots of love and snuggles.  The King had to take time out to take a nap with her, because he has a certain way about him that makes sick people feel better.  Ever since that nap, she has been a lot happier, but still not 100 percent well.

Supper is more of my cauliflower soup, garnished with avocado.  I don't know if avocados are allowed on this diet or not, but I'm eating them, anyway. 

I took a brief trip to the grocery store to get the potato that I need to eat for breakfast in the morning.  I will stuff that potato with broccoli, because I LOVE broccoli stuffed potatoes, and tomorrow is vegetable day. 

Therefore, I have made it from breakfast to dinner without a dietary hitch.  I've enjoyed everything that I've eaten, and do not lack for energy.  My concern is that eating so much fruit could cause more blood sugar issues, but we will see what the glucometer says in the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment