Sunday, July 22, 2012

Getting Ready for Lapbooking

I love lapbooking, but for the past few years, I have not had a printer to be able to print out some of the neat pages and templates that I find online.  Day before yesterday, I found a printer on sale and was also able to use a coupon for it.  Now, I'm ready to start lapbooking.  My favorite site for finding free lapbook units is HERE.  If you aren't sure what a lapook is, you can find a few videos on youtube to help clarify things for you.  Here is one that simply demonstrates what a lapbook is.  HERE is a nice video that shows how to include a pocket with your lapbook, which I wish that I had known about a long time ago.  Finally, I stumbled across THIS mom's video about how she puts together a unit study and how lapbooking fits into that.  I like this video, because it appears that she approaches unit studies about the same way that I do.  Basically, you decide what you want to do, gather your resources, and get after it.  If you are a person that likes crafting, especially scrapbooking, then you will probably enjoy lapbooking with your children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment