Even though we are nearing the end of the public school calendar, my homeschool never stops. Activities change for the Summer, but we technically have "school" all year round.
I do like to take this time of the year to reflect on a few things that we have accomplished, so here is a list of some of the high points:
1. Melody and Abbey both earned the Youth Heritage Award for intensive study of the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence. We started this project near the end of last Summer.
2. Melody and Abbey both earned the Presidential Active Lifestyle Challenge Award.
3. Melody completed all of her high school coursework with the exception of math. Math will be completed in the very near future.
4. Abbey successfully completed a few high school courses alongside Melody.
5. We joined a fellow blogger in a challenge to read 52 books during the course of this year. Abbey is winning this challenge, and those that know us in person will know that this is a tremendous accomplishment for her.
6. Abbey joined a local softball team, 4H sewing, and two 4H shooting classes.
7. Melody joined the 4H shooting classes, and taught herself how to play the Irish Tin Whistle.
8. Melody and I took Financial Peace University together. She just turned 16, and is excited to finally be able to look for a job and jump straight to the wealth building portion of the program. (HOOTIE HOO!!!)
We have a new Presidential Physical Fitness goal, and are about to start on the next Youth Heritage Award project. Also, we plan on doing lots and lots of swimming.
Have a Great Day!