Monday, May 16, 2011

We have been very busy with softball practice 4 days a week, and baton twirling for two days per week. Softball season is already nearing an end, but we are just getting started in twirling. Two of my students are beginners, and are about to have their very first parade, beginning with the local July 4th parade. I don't know if they are excited, but I am.

Along those lines, I have decided to take the United States Twirling Association home study course to become a USTA coach. I don't know what that will do for me, but I just feel like this is something that I can and should do for myself. Keep in mind that I have been giving twirling lessons since I was about 16 years old, so you can imagine my excitement.

In response to my dear friend, LL, asking what the youth heritage project is, you can find more information about that program HERE.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, for the info. :-)

    What all do you have to do to be USTA?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that I didn't see this comment until now. To join USTA, you can just pay membership, but to take it another step, they have a very inexpensive home study course. Of course, you have the option of attending their seminars, but anything that I do is going to be home study for now.

    ReplyDelete