Friday, May 27, 2011

I Wanna Talk About Jesus.....

It was a sleepy kind of day, but we did manage to read chapter 39 of Great Expectations. Melody worked on the pre algebra and reading portions of her ACT test prep. Abbey worked on another section of her Youth Freedom Award project.

I spent a great part of the day reading Eat Cheat and Melt the Fat Away. I have used this program before, but this is the first time that I have read the book in it's entirety. I am now convinced that this should be the diabetic bible. Read any of Suzanne Somer's books about nutrition, and you will be truly blessed. I started a journal of recipes that I want to try, that fit into this plan.

We have relatives coming to spend time with us tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to Hub's barbeque. I push for barbeque for just about every family gathering, because I can eat meats to my heart's content as long as I don't attack my body with starchy side dishes such as potatoes and beans.

Tarja has been a little turkey tonight. She hasn't wanted to go to bed. We are snuggled on the sofa as I write. Before she finally closed her eyes, she said, "Mommy, I wanna talk about Jesus." I said, "What do you want to talk about?" She said, "Tell me about it." I showed her how to fold her little hands to pray, and we talked to Jesus briefly, since the conversations of three year olds are a little scattered. After that, she thanked me and went right to sleep.

In Jesus's Name.....

1 comment: